Make a submission
The general public can make submissions to all publicly notified applications.
This is one of the most powerful ways to influence a proposal like this. We are attempting to enable members of the public to submit to any resource consent application made by any applicant, and will provide all relevant information and an automated submission form when required.
Submission forms are also available from the relevant council but a Word document is accepted for submission. If doing it manually, your submission must state:
- consent authority name and contact address
- submitters name – contact address /email
- applicants name – contacts address/email
- resource consent numbers and types
- which specific provisions of the document you are commenting on
- whether you support or object to those provisions, or have a neutral stance
- the reasons for your submission
- the decision you seek from the consenting authority
- whether you wish to be heard at any hearing.
- signature and date
Your submission should be succinct but also cover all the points you wish to make. You must serve a copy of your submission on the applicant as soon as is reasonably practicable after you have served your submission on the consent authority.
Additionally it is important to note that some applications relate to both District and Regional Councils therefore your submission has to be lodged with both. In those circumstances a joint hearing may take place. Further oral submission can be advanced during the hearings with more detail added to the original submission.